- Duracell vs Eveready battery comparison can help you make the right choice based on the application requirements.
- Duracell produces more powerful alkaline batteries but costs higher.
- Eveready batteries are more affordable and reliable but have less runtime.
One may easily get puzzled by the marketing terms used by these two brands. There are lots of claims, and you must know to find the facts.
In this Duracell vs Eveready comparison, I am going to show you the data that independent testers have found. For single-use batteries, it is hard to tell the difference.
But in rechargeable models, there are amp-hour ratings by which one can easily tell which one is more powerful. Let me explain below.
About Duracell Batteries
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. is a well-known American multinational conglomerate holding company famous for its celebrity owner Warren Buffett.
And, this company owns the battery brand Duracell. They manufacture rechargeable batteries, alkaline, copper tops, special coin cells, etc.
Cleveland, Lancaster, and La Grange are the three locations where Duracell manufacture their products.
For long-lasting performance, the company invests heavily in research and product development.
The result of such actions has introduced us to Duralock and High-Density Core technology.
Moreover, these batteries can maintain the original voltage level for a very long time in storage.
Benefits of Using Duracell Batteries
- Duracell manufactures batteries in different categories ensuring optimum power for almost all types of small electronic devices.
- For both everyday electronics and power devices, you can use Duracell batteries and get a longer runtime.
- The unique cathode system in their AA and AAA batteries are promised to deliver extra life and extra power.
- Duracell’s amazing resealable packaging lets you use the batteries or store them conveniently for a long time.
- In the retail market, the batteries come with different quantity options so that one doesn’t have to spend more than he/she needs.
- Duracell C batteries can be charged up to 400 times and stored for almost 5 years without losing voltage level significantly.
Best Duracell Batteries
About Eveready Batteries
Though Eveready is now a part of Energizer, the company started as an independent entity in the 60s.
Previously, it was known as the Eveready Battery Company which was acquired by Energizer Holdings Limited in 1980.
After David Misell patented a flashlight design, Eveready was created to meet the energy demand at that time.
In the year 1911, Eveready successfully developed AAA dry cell which shot up to its profits. Later, the company invested heavily to develop better technology in this industry.
Even though Eveready and Energizer are managed by the same mother company, their manufacturing plants are in different locations.
Benefits of Using Eveready Batteries
- Eveready offers better and affordable energy solutions for small electronics and power tools.
- Their leak-resistant sealing ensures safe and reliable uses for a long time.
- Eveready batteries are always ready-to-use within 3 years of storage.
- Because of having no mercury and cadmium, you can use them in children’s toys.
- One can keep Eveready AA and AAA alkaline batteries in storage for up to 10 years without worrying about losing the voltage level significantly.
Best Eveready Batteries
Duracell vs Eveready Batteries: What Are the Main Differences?
Before I explain the differences in detail, let’s have a quick look at this table below that summarizes the whole thing.
|Capacity||Higher||Slightly Less than Duracell|
Key Factors Before Choosing Between Duracell and Eveready Batteries
Here are some key factors that make Duracell batteries slightly different than Eveready batteries.
As Eveready uses zinc-carbon technology which is inferior to alkaline, Duracell is more reliable and powerful for power-hungry applications.
You may know that alkaline batteries are more likely to leak in their lifetime. Hence, Duracell batteries have a bad reputation of leaking which is not true for Eveready for its different cell chemistry.
After a side-by-side price comparison, I have found that Duracell batteries are costlier than Eveready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What is the difference between Duracell and Eveready batteries?
Besides being two different brands, there are little to no differences between their products. However, read this comparison article to know more about them.
Is Eveready A Good Battery?
Yes, Eveready batteries are good in quality and they are particularly renowned in the rechargeable battery category.
What Is Special About Duracell?
Aggressive marketing and reliable quality are what make Duracell stand out from the crowd. The company invests a lot in improving the quality of its alkaline batteries.
How Long Does Eveready AA Battery Last?
Every battery manufacturer has multiple lines of products. And Eveready batteries can last from 5 years up to 10 years in storage.
What Type Of Battery Is Eveready?
If you consider Eveready Gold batteries, they are alkaline type. Also, the brand has copper top batteries too in their production line.
So, Which Is Better, Duracell Or Eveready Batteries?
It is really hard to tell which one is the best in Duracell vs Eveready debate. Both are old brands with a good reputation over the years.
Besides some leakage issues, the performance of the alkaline batteries is impressive. The best advice is to buy them in bulk to reduce the cost of the cells.
So, one can easily replace Duracell with Eveready or vice versa without causing any issue at all.
I have seen the ratings and user feedback of both brands where some are happy with the performance of Duracell over Eveready.
It is because of having alkaline manganese dioxide which works better in the long term compared to Eveready’s zinc carbon formation.
However, those who don’t like to face leakage issues must go with Eveready’s zinc-carbon batteries.