Before going out for driving you never forget to carry the Nissan key fobs, right? This small yet handy electronic device makes your life a lot convenient and keeps the vehicle safe in many ways. But what happens when Nissan key fob battery dies?
Well, the most obvious reason is the fob’s dead battery. Many want to know how to change battery in Nissan key fob? If you’re one of them, you’re in luck as this article will discuss the detailed process of Nissan key fob replacement battery. It will also provide a few tips on how to start a Nissan with dead key fob in case you don’t have the chance to change the battery immediately. So, let begin!
How To Change Battery In Nissan Key Fob in 5 steaps?
Well, changing the Nissan key battery is very simple and straightforward. You only need to follow a few steps with some regular household items. If not available in your house, you’ll definitely find those at any hardware store near you. Here’re the steps that you need to follow:
- At first, pick up the Nissan battery key fob and remove the hidden metal key from the key fob. The hidden key is used to open the driver’s door of your vehicle. You can simply press on the small release to bring out the metal key.
- The next step is, separating the key housing. You can use a plastic wedge or small screwdriver for that.
- Remove the old dead battery but remember its position where it’s placed in the fob.
- Install the new CR2025 battery and place it just right at the position of the earlier one.
- Don’t forget to check back the battery orientation. The negative side of the battery should be facing you.
- Reassemble the Nissan battery key fob just the opposite way you’ve disassembled the parts. You should test the fob to make sure everything is working properly.
If you’re still perplexed and want a visual, you can check this video.
How to Start a Nissan With Dead Key Fob?
Well, sometimes the Nissan key fob battery replacement isn’t possible right at the moment. So, you need to get inside the car with the dead key fob. The key fob has an alternative key inside the car. So, you don’t need to panic whenever your key fob’s battery dies. The backup key has you back. Follow the steps to use the alternative key:
- Flip the key fob and find out the small release button. Push the release button and pull out the emergency key hiding at the bottom of the fob.
- You will be able to unlock the driver’s door with the emergency key.
- Once you get inside the car, look for a key fob port to start your Nissan.
- If your Nissan has the port, simply place the fob in the port and tap on the brake or clutch as you hit the START/STOP button.
- In case your car doesn’t have the key fob port, tap on the brake or clutch as you press the key against the START/STOP button.
- The engine should start immediately. So, you’ve started the car with a dead key fob finally!!
How to Program Nissan Intelligent Key Fob?
Many people, especially those who buy a new vehicle ask a lot how to program intelligent key fob. The task is also very easy. Here’s how you can program the key fob:
- Get into the car and lock the doors to start.
- Place the key in the ignition without starting the car. Then, remove the key and repeat the whole process until the hazard lights flash twice. This indicates that the car is in program mode at the moment.
- Place the key into the ignition again and you’ll see the electronics coming out without starting the car.
- Press any button on the Nissan intelligent key.
- Come out of the car and have a test of the key fob. If the lights flash when you press the key, you have successfully programmed the intelligent key. Congratulations!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What kind of battery does a Nissan key fob take?
there’re many batteries available such as the CR2032 battery or CR2025 battery that can be used as 2018 Nissan key fob battery.
How do I start my Nissan if the keyless intelligent remote fob battery has died?
You have to insert the key fob in the designated port for a manual start.
Can you program a new key fob yourself?
Yes, you can program the key fob by yourself to unlock the door. However, programming for a start requires specific tools.
How can I protect my worn Nissan key fob remote?
You may want the key covered to keep it protected. You’ll find Nissan Remote Key Fob Covers to protect the buttons and even the fob itself. It protects the key from water or if you accidentally drop the key fob.
So, now you know how to change the battery in Nissan key fob. The main point is not to get panicked and follow the simple steps. I hope you can do it next time. If still, you can’t, there’re servicing shops around. Go there and fix it with an exchange of a few bucks.